Tag Archives: Twix
Leave a comment
February 13, 2013 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
What sad lives we lead if they are, indeed, like boxes of chocolate.
It’s true that, like life, you never know what you’re going to get when you tear through that red cellophane. But is life also full of disappointment coated in sugary promise?
Boxes of chocolate are the most discouraging Valentine’s Day gift. When someone mistakenly gives me one, I try to activate my dormant X-ray vision to find the two caramel-filled chocolates that are hidden in every box. Even with a little help from the Rosetta Stone of a guide that’s sometimes included in the lid, I still end up biting through ghastly coconut and raspberry filling. Yuck.
There are other edible presents I’d rather see this Valentine’s Day. Consider these when picking out something for your sweetie.
- An Edible Arrangement. No one in the office is upset when their coworker gets an Edible Arrangement. This bouquet of fruit (and sometimes chocolate) is meant to be shared, not envied like a traditional bunch of flowers.
- A Panera bagel. If you follow me on Twitter, you know that my love for the cinnamon crunch bagel at Panera runs deep. Real deep. A warm, chewy bite of the pastry along with a cup of coffee would start Valentine’s Day off right.
- Twix/Take 5. Stick with one or two types that your significant other loves if you insist on giving something from the candy aisle. My personal favorites are Twix and Take 5.
- Cookies. Specifically, two cookies, a rose and a mixtape from the coffee shop/record store Please and Thank You.
- Pizza. Rob and I have done the heart-shaped pizza for Valentine’s Day, but that isn’t even essential. Order me some Bearno’s and reserve your judgement when I eat half of a large pizza.
- Cellar Door Chocolates. This isn’t the stale variety you find in your neighborhood drugstore. This local business offers a variety of fresh, decadent chocolate treats.
What do you think is the best edible Valentine’s Day present?