Tag Archives: La Coop
Leave a comment
November 4, 2013 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
I feel like I’m missing something.
Restaurants are opening up around town like gangbusters, and I can’t figure out why. Is this a sign of the economy bouncing back? Has Louisville’s appetite for eating out reached epic proportions? Am I just noticing this uptick more because I write about food? WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?
I’m going to take a Dayquil and ponder this. In the meantime, here is a round-up of some notable openings (and a closing or two). Click the source links for more info.
- Open: El Camino (Consuming Louisville)
- Opening: Loop 22 Rotisserie and Grill (The Courier-Journal); Great Flood Brewing Company (Consuming Louisville)
- Open: Atlantic No. 5 (Ashlee Eats)
- Opening: Unnamed restaurant from the same management company behind Doc Crow’s Southern Smokehouse and Raw Bar and La Coop: Bistro a Vins (Business First of Louisville)
- Closed: Ri Ra Irish Pub and Restaurant (Insider Louisville)
- Opening: Two Brazilian restaurants — Boi Na Braza and Brazeiros Churrascaria (Business First of Louisville); Tavern on Fourth (Business First of Louisville)
- Opening: Second location of W.W. Cousins (Business First of Louisville)
January 4, 2013 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
I love social media.
What started as a Twitter conversation about good food Louisville folks ate in 2012 got a big enough response to be a blog post.
The following post is a round-up of what readers, Facebook fans and Twitter users said was the best Louisville food they ate in 2012, specifically, the best burger, cocktail, fries and overall dish or restaurant. I’ve identified the commenters by first name and last initial or Twitter handle.
A big thank you goes to blogger Michelle Jones of Consuming Louisville/Menu and Hours app, who started the conversation over Twitter, and everyone who responded to our questions.