Tag Archives: iPhone
Leave a comment
December 10, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
- Heaven Hill Distilleries Inc. wants $10 million from the city for “an artisan distillery, a retail store and other tourist-oriented activities” that the company is developing on West Main Street. The project is called the Evan Williams Experience. Fancy. (Courier-Journal)
- Louisville-based online company FoodCalc has launched EveryoneEat, an iPhone and Android app to help people with chronic illnesses make better choices about their meals when they go out to eat. (Business First of Louisville)
- A new Vietnamese restaurant called Banh Mi Hero has opened in the Highlands. You can get banh mi sandwiches, Vietnamese-style tacos and jasmine rice cups. (Consuming Louisville)
- The owners of Hammerheads in Germantown plan to open a new restaurant on Lexington Road called Grind House in January. Grind House will feature burgers made of meat such as wild boar, ostrich, duck, venison and elk. (Business First of Louisville)
- Andrew Zimmern of the Travel Channel series Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern and Andrew Zimmern’s Bizarre World (wow, I just said that guy’s name a lot) was in Louisville recently to tape a segment. He also stopped by the Eater Louisville Launch party. (Eater Louisville)
October 16, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Michelle Jones of Consuming Louisville and I want to give away some goodies.
We want to share this app with the world (well, the iPhone world, but Android development is in progress). Any time that I write a $10 Challenge that features a restaurant on Menu and Hours, Michelle will give away two free copies of the app (usually $2.99 in the iTunes Store) to readers who leave a comment on the $10 Challenge post.
The Bard’s Town, the most recent $10 Challenge contender, is featured on Menu and Hours. For a chance to win one of two free copies of Menu and Hours, answer the following Bard-themed question in the comments section of this post:
What is your favorite William Shakespeare play? (Or tell me why you don’t have a favorite Billy Shakes play.)
You have until Thursday to leave a comment. I’ll randomly select two names on Friday.
September 5, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Michelle Jones, the woman behind the blog Consuming Louisville and Let Them Tweet Cake meet-ups, has launched her long-awaited, Louisville-restaurant-centric iPhone app, Menu and Hours. It’s “a beautiful, easy to use app with all the information you want about restaurants and none of the frustration of restaurant websites. No PDFs, no flash, just the food menus, operating hours, location and contact information for over 90 independent restaurants in the Louisville, Kentucky area,” according to the iTunes store.
February 15, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Good news: Michelle Jones got the funding she needed to get the Menu and Hours app up and running. Less-than-good …
December 20, 2011 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
“We’re hungry and we have questions.” Michelle Jones, publisher of Consuming Louisville, a friend of this blog and a gift …
March 28, 2011 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
(Blogger’s note: Buying a car is a witch. I’ve spent the past two weeks scouring the internet, visiting used car …