I love social media.
What started as a Twitter conversation about good food Louisville folks ate in 2012 got a big enough response to be a blog post.
The following post is a round-up of what readers, Facebook fans and Twitter users said was the best Louisville food they ate in 2012, specifically, the best burger, cocktail, fries and overall dish or restaurant. I’ve identified the commenters by first name and last initial or Twitter handle.
A big thank you goes to blogger Michelle Jones of Consuming Louisville/Menu and Hours app, who started the conversation over Twitter, and everyone who responded to our questions.
- Best Burger
- My vote: Beer cheese burger from AP Crafters Kitchen and Bar
- “Grind, by a landslide.” Randi S.
- “@LouisvilleGrind veggie burger is my best burger this year. It is outstanding!” @TattooCharlies
- “Louisville Grind, multiple times. Proof on Main, too.” @dloehr
- “#1 Grind #2 Jack Fry’s #3 Ollie’s Trolly” “@louisvillegrind The While You Wait is the best Burger on the Planet!” @danmen
- “best burger, hands down, is at Holy Grale. Chef Josh Lehman is some kind of food wizard.” @GoDigaHole
- “my two best foodie friends say lamb burger @StChrlesXchange, fries #lacoop and burger AND fries @21cLouisville” @hollygolawly
- Best Fries
- My vote: AP Crafters Dueling Fries
- “ollie’s. fries. drool.” @shilohwalker
- “Zaytun Tribal Fries” @HereIsMySpout
- “… hard to beat Bank Street Brewery’s #TechnicallyNotLouisvilleButCloseEnough” @DBonifer
- “Frites at Holy Grail.” @TeslaRuser
- “Moules Frites at La Coop.” Christine V.
- Best Cocktail
- My vote: Anything at Rye on Market
- “Oh, best cocktail I had was ‘Smoke Monster’ from @meatlouisville. It was seasonal tho. #RIPSmokeMonster” @bradluttrell
- “Best cocktail: District 13 at Garage Bar.” Randi S.
- Best Dish/Restaurant
- My vote: Croque Monsieur at Lilly’s — a Kentucky Bistro, Café Lou Lou and Wild Eggs
- “The Kusheri at Ramsis is phenomenal! I’m calling it my favorite for the year.” @TattooCharlies
- “sea bass w/ choco mole @TheMayanCafe, walleye w/ green chickpeas @21cCincinnati, b’nut squash salad @ryeonmarket!” @hollygolawly
- “Can’t remember what it was called, but it was a phenomenal masterpiece from @lacoopbistro.” @jenmooreKY
- “Spring Street Cafe!” @TheBarBelle
- “lobster bisque from bodega at felice (sadly now closed) and tomato bisque from Main Street Eatery!” @ErinEMenard