You’ve missed the boat if you haven’t come to a Let Them Tweet Cake tweet-up yet.
There’s lots of ladies and a few gents, eating cake, drinking coffee, and talking about the latest technology news.
I’ve been to several of these informal meet ups and met a lot of great people. Plus, the event takes place at Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe, a delicious bakery on Frankfort Avenue. And since friend of the blog Michelle Jones is the organizer, you know it’s going to be fun.
And did I mention there will be free cake? You read it write. The Small Business Shamen Conference is sponsoring Let Them Tweet Cake this month, so it’s time to get your complimentary grub on.
Let Them Tweet Cake
6:30 p.m. today, Jan. 25, 2012
Sweet Surrender, 1804 Frankfort Ave., Louisville, Ky.
Still looking for something to do for Valentine’s Day?
February 14 is a great day to spend with people you love, eating good food.
Here are a few ideas for dining out or staying in this Valentine’s Day. Have your own food-related plans? Know of another restaurant’s special? Leave a comment.
- If you have a few extra bucks, Hillbilly Tea is offering a five-course dinner for two for $75 from 6-9 p.m. Feb. 12-14. The restaurant will also offer a vegan option for this dinner. (Hillbilly Tea, Consuming Louisville)
- White Castle gets classy on Valentine’s Day – tablecloths, candles and a server to bring your sliders. Call (502) 361-2317, ext. 7, to reserve your table. (White Castle)
- Impellizzeri’s will offer heart-shaped pizzas, half-priced bottles of wine and a flower to the first 50 couples to sing by the restaurant on the big day. (Impellizzeri’s)
- At Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen, buy your sweetie a card, a slice of cake or pie and a scoop of ice cream for $5.95. (Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen)
- Heine Brothers coffee is offering 15 percent off the shop’s raspberry white mocha and red hot mocha through Feb. 15. (Heine Brothers)
- Order a heart-shaped medium pizza from Bearno’s for $14.99. Get it delivered. (Bearno’s)
- For the cooking inclined, here is a collection of 10 chocolate recipes, including gluten-free and low-fat options. (The Kitchn)
- Want to cook for two (or one), but not sure how to cut down a recipe? Check out All Recipes for some tips. (All Recipes)