May 16, 2014 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Once upon a time, I was a surly teenager. Not a problem child, mind you, just an adolescent who thought there was nothing to do in this town and couldn’t wait to get out.
Jump ahead 10 years. Is it me, or is Louisville a lot more bustling than it used to be? There always seems to be some kind of fair or concert or free something-or-the-other that pile up and fill my Google calendar. Or maybe it’s me who has changed, and I can see how fun this city has been all along. /introspection
Anyhoozers, there are a couple of free events that will take place this weekend in our fair city. So if you can’t find something to do, don’t look at me.
Old Louisville SpringFest
- What: Vendors, food trucks, artists and 10+ hours of local music; named as one of the Top Roadtrip Destinations for Spring 2012 by Travel+Leisure Magazine
- When: 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, May 16, and 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday, May 17
- Where: Old Louisville
- More information: oldlouisvillespringfest.org
Buy Local Fair
- What: More than 150 booths showcasing goods and services from a variety of local businesses, musicians, artists and craftspeople, community organizations, and farmers; includes cooking competition between Milkwood’s Chef Kevin Ashworth and RYE on Market’s Chef De Cuisine Joe Bane
- When: Noon to 6 p.m. Sunday, May 18
- Where: Louisville Water Tower
- More information: keeplouisvilleweird.com/buylocalfair