May 7, 2014 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Have you ever wanted to learn something new and fun, like how to build a vertical garden or cook chicken and dumplings?
The Louisville Free Public Library has a day of events to tickle your adventurous fancy.
The library will present the How-To Festival at the main library branch this Saturday, May 10, from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. The family-friendly event was a big hit last year. According to the library, “nearly 3,000 people learned more than 50 things in 5 hours for free.” Yep, friends — all this learning is free.
Many of the food-centric sessions that caught my fancy.
- How to eat intuitively and give up diets for good
- How to make vegan biscuits and gravy
- How to grind your own cornmeal
- How to grow herbs and garlic
- How to pair wine with food
- How to decorate cupcakes
- How to make baklava
- How to choose, sample and serve terrific cheeses
Click here for a complete schedule of classes and map of the library.
Louisville Free Public Library Main Branch
Saturday, May 10
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
301 York Street, Louisville, Ky.