LEO Weekly released its annual list of Readers’ Choice Award winners in this week’s issue of the local alt-weekly. The issue highlights the best in arts, goods, and business in the Louisville area. This is all great information, but I read this edition strictly for the food picks.
I’m happy that I’ve tried a healthy portion of restaurants that got top honors among LEO readers. Unfortunately, I haven’t made it out to every food joint in town.
These restaurants I must visit based on all the superlatives they raked in this year:
- The Village Anchor Pub and Roost — Best Fine Dining, third place; Best Outdoor Dining, first place; Best Place for a Romantic Dinner, first place; Best Restaurant (Louisville), first place; Best Wine list, first place
- Feast BBQ — Best BBQ, third place; Best Restaurant (Southern Indiana), first place
- Selena’s at Willow Lake Tavern — Best Cajun/Creole Restaurant, first place; Best Restaurant (Louisville), third place
And these are restaurants that I’m ashamed that I still haven’t visited:
- Jack Fry’s — Best Fine Dining, first place; Best Place for a Romantic Dinner, first place; Best Place to Eat When Someone Else is Buying, second place; Best Restaurant (Louisville), second place
- Mayan Café — Best Latin Restaurant, third place
- Stevens & Stevens Deli — Best Deli/Sandwich Shop, first place