August 28, 2013 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
I’m a sucker for an outdoor festival, especially the ones with free admission and a bunch of participating food vendors. WorldFest has all that going for it, plus some.
WorldFest, an international festival in its 11th year, will take place this weekend, Aug. 30 – Sept. 2, on the Belvedere in downtown Louisville. Here’s some of what you’ll find at WorldFest, courtesy of Louisville Metro Government:
- More than 50 bands and performers
- More than 30 food vendors
- Nearly 150 booths with information about different cultures
- A naturalization ceremony
- A Parade of Cultures down Jefferson and Fifth streets
- Cooking Up Cultures culinary demonstrations — with free samples (!)
WorldFest, Aug. 30-Sept. 2, the Belvedere, downtown Louisville
Aug. 30, Aug. 31 and Sept. 1: Open 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sept. 2: Open 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.