Bits and Pieces: Maker’s Mark (again), The Next Great Baker and other Louisville food news from the web, 2.18.13Leave a comment
February 18, 2013 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Blogger’s note: I’ve managed to pick up the pieces after last night’s devastating Downton Abbey season finale to write this post — barely.
- Soora Korean Restaurant at 2840 Goose Creek Road has closed. I didn’t even get a chance to know ’em. (Eater Louisville via Facebook via Louisville Hot Bytes)
- A belated congratulations to Ashley Holt, a Louisville pastry chef with Sugar Monster Sweets and winner of the TLC show Next Great Baker. (Megabites Louisville)
- Insider Louisville ran an interesting profile about the organic farm of Ramsi Kamar, the man behind Ramsi’s Café on the World. (Insider Louisville)
- In news of the happy, Maker’s Mark has decided to leave well enough alone and not reduce the alcohol content of its bourbon. (WFPL)
- Clear your calendars — Down One Bourbon Bar will open next Monday, Feb. 25, at Waterfront Plaza on Main Street. This is one of three eateries being opened by the company that owns the Galt House that I mentioned a few weeks ago. (Business First of Louisville)