December 20, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
You waited until now to start Christmas shopping, huh?
It’s OK, you have 120 hours and counting to grab some stuff for friends, family and your office Secret Santa.
Here’s a quick and dirty list of food-centric presents that you can scoop up for the big day. Good luck, and godspeed.
- For the drinker
- Bourbon. Duh. (Any decent liquor store)
- Against the Grain Brewery has glassware to hold plenty of beer. The restaurant and brewery also offers Grainiac memberships come with anytime for discounts on beer all year long. (401 E. Main Street at Louisville Slugger Field)
- For the sweet tooth
- Cellar Door Chocolates has treats for everyone. Like a little spice? Try the cayenne pepper or green chile coconut truffles. Need a jolt? Boom, chocolate-covered espresso beans. Like plain ol’ chocolately goodness? Hello, dark chocolate malted milk balls. (cellardoorchocolate.com or buy them at these locations)
- Please and Thank You, that wonderful coffee shop/record store in NuLu, has started selling bake-it-yourself brownie mix and chocolate chip cookie dough. Heck YEAH. (800 E. Market Street)
- For the barista in training
- For the veg head
- Grind Food Truck has expanded its burger offerings to the world of handmade veggie patties. You can buy veggie burgers at the truck or order a frozen take-home pack of two from if you are a member of Grasshoppers Distribution CSA. (grasshoppersdistribution.com or Grind’s Facebook page to find out location)
- For the out-of-towner