December 3, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
- Wednesday, Dec. 5 is Repeal Day, the day that marks the end of Prohibition. Consuming Louisville has a list of places to celebrate this glorious occasion, and Insider Louisville has the scoop on the happenings at Meat in Butchertown.
- Ladyfingers Catering is out, and Upper Crust Catering is in at the Barnstable Brown Derby Gala. (Insider Louisville)
- Word on the street is that KFC is testing Original Recipe chocolate chip cookies. Somebody call me when they bring back those chicken nuggets from the early 90s. (Business First of Louisville)
- Chef Edward Lee of Top Chef and 610 Magnolia fame is writing a cookbook, Smoke & Pickles. (Eater Louisville)
- Beer Engine, a craft brewery out of Danville, plans to open a second location in Germantown at the former Zeppelin Café in mid-2013. (Business First of Louisville)
- A group of investors plans to open a pub/restaurant on Whiskey Row in downtown Louisville called Sidecar. (Courier-Journal)
- Louisville pastry chef Ashley Holt is a contestant on TLC’s Next Great Baker. (Megabites Louisville)
- Pappy Van Winkle bourbon has gotten famous nationwide and is therefore hard to find. Grub Street New York has a list of nine alternatives to try.