Leave a comment
September 28, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
There are a couple of food-centric festivals going on this weekend. Here’s the rundown:
- Louisville Irish Fest: A celebration of our friends across the Pond that includes music and family activities. I attended the event last year and had a blast. Don’t leave before you try some beer-battered fish, a dark beer and some hearty stew.
- When: Friday, Sept. 28 (7 – 10 p.m.); Saturday, Sept. 29 (11 a.m. – 10 p.m.); Sunday, Sept. 30 (11:30 a.m. – 6 p.m.)
- Where: Bellarmine University, 2001 Newburg Road, Louisville
- For more information: Facebook or louisvilleirishfest.com; get discount tickets at Molly Malone’s, O’Shea’s, O’Connell’s, Flanagan’s, Shenanigan’s, Ri’Ra, and Pat’s Steakhouse
- Smoketown USA‘s Fifth Annual Fall Festivus: A barbecue joint throws a celebration for the rest of us that includes a chili tasting, music and yard sale booths.
- When: Saturday, Sept. 29, noon – 10 p.m.
- Where: 1153 Logan Street, Louisville
- For more information: Facebook