September 10, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
(Blogger’s note: For more information about any of the items in this and subsequent round-ups, click on the source links at the end of the sentences.)
- Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen will open a new location in Prospect. There are currently nine Pie Kitchen locations in Louisville and surrounding counties. (Pie Kitchen’s Facebook page)
- Tom+Chee, a fancy-pants grilled cheese restaurant, is opening a location in Cardinal Towne on Cardinal Boulevard. The chain has a Bardstown Road location. (Tom+Chee’s Facebook page)
- Queen of Sheba Ethiopian restaurant has opened a second, lunch-only location in downtown Louisville on S. Fifth Street. The restaurant’s main location is on Taylorsville Road. (Queen of Sheba’s website)
- Red Hot Roasters and Wiltshire on Market are hosting a coffee-themed dinner to benefit the Center for Women and Families on Sept. 19. (Consuming Louisville)
- Yale architect students who visited Louisville and created designs for a downtown distillery have completed their work, and the designs will be on display through Sept. 24 at the corner of First and Main streets across from Whiskey Row downtown. (WFPL)
Know of other food news in Louisville and the surrounding area? Leave a comment or send me an email at email@example.com.