April 19, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
I had the ultimate sushi night yesterday — I saw a movie about sushi AND ate some sushi. Did I mention the movie and the food were discounted?
Read on to learn how you can do the same.
- Find someone who loves sushi as much as you do. I picked The Mister.
- Eat a filling snack. The importance of this will be clear later. I went with an apple and two homemade oatmeal raisin cookies. The Mister ate beer cheese and pretzels.
- Go to Village 8 movie theater at 4014 Dutchmans Lane. Get two $4 tickets to see Jiro Dreams of Sushi*, a documentary about an 85-year-old Japanese man who runs perhaps the most revered sushi restaurant on the planet.
- After about an hour and a half of watching men make delicious sushi, jump on the Watterson Expressway and head to Dragon King’s Daughter at 1126 Bardstown Road for the restaurant’s late-night happy hour.
- Gorge yourself on discounted delicious raw fish. We got three rolls for about $27.