February 14, 2012 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
I’ve griped about Valentine’s Day, but I’m really nothing but a big sap with a caramel center.
I’m blessed to spend today with not only my new husband, but a supportive family, fun-loving friends, and a dog who is never short on kisses.
All these people have showed me what love really is:
- Coffee in bed
- Catching up over Sunday brunch
- Washing the dishes, even when it’s not your turn
- Homemade chicken soup when you’re sick (or feeling fine)
- Giving up the last piece of cake
- Your favorite meal for your birthday
- Birthday trips to Huber’s
- Breakfast for dinner
- Homemade cookies with Ghirardelli chocolate chips
- Packed lunch boxes with love notes inside
- Splitting a pizza
- Table scraps*
*Roscoe’s idea of love
Happy V-Day. Share it someone (or some animal) you love.