December 23, 2011 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
In no particular order, here is a sampling of what I would like this year for Christmas:
- For Chick-fil-a to adopt more progressive social views so I won’t have a moral dilemma every time I want some waffle fries.
- Delivery service from Annie Café. Yes, I live within spitting distance, but sometimes laziness sets in when I get a hankering for ginger chicken.
- Time to reorganize all the recipes I’ve torn out from magazines.
- MORE COUNTERSPACE.
- Nutella in bigger, redesigned jars optimal for dipping pretzels and animal crackers. I’m sick of getting hazelnut spread on my wrists when I near the end of the jar.
- And speaking of pretzels, a steady supply of chocolate-covered pretzels at my desk would be great. The salty/sweet combo is magical.
- To receive the same (alleged) multi-million-dollar deal from Weight Watchers that Jessica Simpson will (allegedly) receive after she has a baby. I’m already down with PointsPlus, Weight Watchers. I’ll take the cash.
- For people to truly like the homemade baked goodies I’m doling out for the holidays.
- A new lunch bag. Something like this will do.
- More respect for the tiny carts at Kroger. Quit leaving them out to freeze, Angry Teenage Cart-Gatherer.
- More coupons for real food — the kind that doesn’t come in cardboard boxes.
- Cherry Coke Zero at every fountain.
- The realization of the great app that will be Menu and Hours.
- More butter for Norway. Those people have suffered enough.
- To not gain winter weight from all the cookies, doughnuts, cakes and lunch specials I’ve been exposed to in my new office.
- World peace.