This will be a homemade Christmas season for the Ashlee Eats empire.
I’m making a lot of gifts for my family and friends this year, so they should expect lots of [SPOILER ALERT] baked goodies.
But next week, I will start a new day job*, and I have seven people and counting for whom to bake dozens of cookies. When will I have the time?
You can save lots of stress later by taking advantage of the free time you have now by doing the heavy lifting now. Here’s how, according to The Kitchn:
- Prepare your cookie dough according to recipe directions.
- Roll dough into little balls and place on a cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheets in the freezer for about an hour or until the dough balls are frozen.
- Pop the dough balls into a freezer bag. Don’t forget to write the name of the cookie, the date the dough was frozen and baking instructions.
- Whenever you’re ready for the cookies, bake as normal with a couple of extra minutes added on to the baking time.
I’ve baked three batches of cookies so far that are sitting pretty in my freezer. I will also bake a cake or two ahead of time and freeze them for later, another tip I got from this post at The Kitchn.
Has anyone else tried baking ahead of the craziness of the holidays?