November 23, 2011 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
This month, my Facebook feed has been filled with friends listing all of the people, places and other nouns for which they are thankful in honor of the biggest day of thanks.
There are the usual suspects (family, spouse, pets), but food seems to get left out of the equation.
To make up for such a grievous omission during a holiday season that centers around a big meal, here are the food-related things for which I am thankful for this Thanksgiving:
- Seasonal coffee drinks at local coffee shops
- Pumpkin EVERYTHING
- Discovering new and delicious food combinations (peanut butter and apple butter FTW)
- Ordering the special
- When bacon cooks bone-straight with little to no fat at the ends
- Baskets of bread that come with the meal
- Flipping a pancake without making a mess
- Achieving the perfect cereal-to-milk ratio
- Coffee makers with automatic timers
- Being able to give a server a big tip
- Miniature Snickers bars left over from Halloween
- When a bite of food falls on your napkin instead of your pants
- Taking a break from artificial sweeteners and enjoying real sugar
- An extra fortune cookie with your bill
- Secret ingredients
- Recipes written on paper that is stained and wrinkled from years of use
- Moist towelettes after eating barbecue
- Having friends and family with whom to share wonderful meals
What food-related items are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?