September 9, 2011 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Lately, I’ve been doing less of this:
And more of this:
I’m getting married in less than a month. Preparation for the wedding festivities has consumed my usual writing-and-eating time, which is why the $10 Challenges have been a bit sporadic.
This is where you come in.
For the next 23 days, I won’t have much time to blog between getting ready for holy matrimony, completing freelance assignments and generally trying to preserve my sanity. So I’m inviting you to write a $10 Challenge to run right here on Ashlee Eats. Here’s the deal:
- Pick a local restaurant (in the Kentuckiana area, preferably not a national chain) that hasn’t been covered in a previous Challenge. You can read past entries here.
- Scope out the menu. Could you easily get a meal for $10 or less, or would you have to use some creative appetizer pairings to make it work?
- Write about your experience. How was the food? How were the prices? The staff? Did you succeed or fail in spending only $10 before the tip?
- Keep your Challenge at about 300-400 words. And write it in a Word document or the body of an email.
- Send your Challenge entry to me at ashleelclark [at] gmail [dot] com. Don’t forget to use my middle initial in the email address, or an Ashlee Clark in Ohio will get your piece.
If your piece is kosher, then I’ll run it on the blog. I try to keep it honest, but polite. We play nice around these parts. Let’s see how this goes, and guest entries could become a regular part of Ashlee Eats.
I look forward to seeing what awesome places you will discover around Louisville. Good luck, and good eatin’.