February 10, 2011 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Still looking for something to do for Valentine’s Day?
February 14 is a great day to spend with people you love, eating good food.
Here are a few ideas for dining out or staying in this Valentine’s Day. Have your own food-related plans? Know of another restaurant’s special? Leave a comment.
- If you have a few extra bucks, Hillbilly Tea is offering a five-course dinner for two for $75 from 6-9 p.m. Feb. 12-14. The restaurant will also offer a vegan option for this dinner. (Hillbilly Tea, Consuming Louisville)
- White Castle gets classy on Valentine’s Day – tablecloths, candles and a server to bring your sliders. Call (502) 361-2317, ext. 7, to reserve your table. (White Castle)
- Impellizzeri’s will offer heart-shaped pizzas, half-priced bottles of wine and a flower to the first 50 couples to sing by the restaurant on the big day. (Impellizzeri’s)
- At Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen, buy your sweetie a card, a slice of cake or pie and a scoop of ice cream for $5.95. (Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen)
- Heine Brothers coffee is offering 15 percent off the shop’s raspberry white mocha and red hot mocha through Feb. 15. (Heine Brothers)
- Order a heart-shaped medium pizza from Bearno’s for $14.99. Get it delivered. (Bearno’s)
- For the cooking inclined, here is a collection of 10 chocolate recipes, including gluten-free and low-fat options. (The Kitchn)
- Want to cook for two (or one), but not sure how to cut down a recipe? Check out All Recipes for some tips. (All Recipes)