December 21, 2010 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
Don’t lie – you still have some Christmas shopping left to do.
Maybe you got caught up in an America’s Next Top Model marathon. It’s happened to the best of us. But now you have four days until you exchange gifts with your loved ones.
I’ve collected a few sites that make good recommendations on food-related presents. Good luck, and godspeed.
Books: Let’s promote literacy this holiday season, shall we?
- Food and drink books for the holidays from Epicurious
- Another holiday book guide from Smithsonian Magazine’s blog
- A list of some books I’d like – just throwin’ that out there
Gift cards: The gift that takes the burden of choice away from the buyer
- A Louisville Originals gift card that is valid at participating local restaurants
- Check Try it Local and Groupon daily for great deals at area restaurants that you could pass along to a loved one
Food: Because when you’re broke, there’s nothing more cost-effective than making a gift from the heart
- NPR has a list of recipes for homemade candy
- The St. Petersburg Times publishes an annual list of cookie recipes that make great presents
- All Recipes provides tips on cooking and baking for gift-giving