November 25, 2010 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
The turkey is sitting heavy in my belly, as is sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing and other goodness straight from my mother’s oven.
While I wait for the tryptophan to take its hold, there are a few people I’d like to thank for being amazing, thoughtful and kind to me as I’ve developed the Ashlee Eats blog.
- My boyfriend, Rob. He loves food as much as I do. He puts up with me writing notes during dinner dates. Simply, he’s an amazing person.
- My roommates, Susie and Samantha. They join me on $10 Challenges and share a love of Snuggies and Glee. And did I mention that they’ve taken up baking … from scratch? Take a gander at Sam’s homemade apple pie:
- Mama Eats. See above. My mother knows her way around a kitchen.
- My dog, Roscoe. He’s always willing to sample my dishes, even if I don’t want him to.
- Waiters and waitresses. I’ve met so many servers who are patient while I study the menu and offer good advice on what I should order.
- Michelle from the Consuming Louisville blog. She barely knew me before offering to publish my $10 Challenges on her blog. What a big heart.
- Josie from the blog Yum Yucky. She was the first blogger whom I ever reached out to for advice. She was so helpful, and her blog is great.
- All the readers. You guys are awesome. Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all.