The turkey is sitting heavy in my belly, as is sweet potatoes, green beans, stuffing and other goodness straight from my mother’s oven.
While I wait for the tryptophan to take its hold, there are a few people I’d like to thank for being amazing, thoughtful and kind to me as I’ve developed the Ashlee Eats blog.
- My boyfriend, Rob. He loves food as much as I do. He puts up with me writing notes during dinner dates. Simply, he’s an amazing person.
- My roommates, Susie and Samantha. They join me on $10 Challenges and share a love of Snuggies and Glee. And did I mention that they’ve taken up baking … from scratch? Take a gander at Sam’s homemade apple pie:
- Mama Eats. See above. My mother knows her way around a kitchen.
- My dog, Roscoe. He’s always willing to sample my dishes, even if I don’t want him to.
- Waiters and waitresses. I’ve met so many servers who are patient while I study the menu and offer good advice on what I should order.
- Michelle from the Consuming Louisville blog. She barely knew me before offering to publish my $10 Challenges on her blog. What a big heart.
- Josie from the blog Yum Yucky. She was the first blogger whom I ever reached out to for advice. She was so helpful, and her blog is great.
- All the readers. You guys are awesome. Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting.
Happy Thanksgiving, y’all.