If helping children isn’t enough to bring folks out to a fundraiser this weekend, a lineup of local chefs might do the trick.
The Home of the Innocents, a nonprofit that provides services to children in severe crisis, is hosting a Big Ol’ Backyard BBQ this Saturday. The event will feature unlimited food, live music, hayrides, arts and crafts and other family-friendly activities. But the big draw for local foodies might be appearances by these chefs:
- Laurent Géroli of the Brown Hotel and English Grill
- Anthony Luziak of Ruth’s Chris Steak House
- Peng Looi of Asiatique and August Moon
- Dean Corbett of Corbett’s
The event looks like it will be a fun way to raise money for a very deserving nonprofit organization. Learn more about the Home of the Innocents here.
- Big Ol’ Backyard BBQ presented by Home of the Innocents
- When: 5:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010
- Where: Backyard of the home’s Joan E. Thomas, M.D. children’s village, 1100 E. Market Street, Louisville, Ky.
- Cost: $50 for adults; $30 for seniors, students, military, police, firefighters, EMS workers; free for children 12 and younger
- To buy tickets: Call 502.596.1025 or visit www.bigbackyardbbq.com.
Do you know of a special food-related event? Contact me and I can blog about it.