Leave a comment
June 1, 2010 by Ashlee Clark Thompson
- Have you always wanted to ride around your city in a big hot dog? Oscar Mayer is using eBay to auction off a chance to ride “shotbun” in the company’s famous Wienermobile. The proceeds from the auction “will support the Oscar Mayer Good Mood Mission to benefit Feeding America, the nation’s leading hunger-relief organization,” according to an article on MarketWatch. The auction ends June 4. As of June 1, the highest bid was $1,111.11.
- Emeril Lagasse, Anthony Bourdain and Rick Bayless are among the celebrity chefs who will release new books this summer, according to an article in the Wall Street Journal. I’m pretty pumped about Emeril’s book, Farm to Fork: Cooking Local, Cooking Fresh.
- Shoppers love a bargain now more than ever. The buy-in-bulk retailer Costco has attracted more customers during the economic downturn, according to the Wall Street Journal via Slate.com. “With revenue hitting almost $18 billion, Costco Wholesale Corp. celebrated a net profit of $306 million for the quarter ending May 9, a $96 million gain from the same quarter ending a year ago,” the blurb said.
- The restaurant Panera Bread has opened a non-profit store in Clayton, Mo., in which diners pay what they can, according to the Associated Press via The Huffington Post. According to the article, “customers are told to donate what they want for a meal, whether it’s the full suggested price, a penny or $100. The new store in the upscale St. Louis suburb of Clayton is the first of what will Panera hopes will be many around the country.”
- Men’s Health Magazine has a great list of the 20 Worst Drinks in America. Some of the offenders include Rockstar Energy Drink, Starbucks Vanilla Frappuccino and Sunkist. This feature just makes me want a big glass of tap water.